Sunday, 6 October 2013

Texting problems...

Ok,

So I thought it was about time for me to share something that has been going on for many many years and that I can't really cure because you know, that's just the way I am. So yeah, the thing is, I've been having some texting problems. Not one, but many. Here they are (PS: my phone is an Iphone 4):

Number 1: The "No sign"
When you unlock an Iphone to search for something, to go on an app and you have made the mistake to lock your phone while you were still on the messenger app, connected to the conversation you're having with somebody, the red signal to tell you that you have a message to read will disapear because you have, by accident actually opened the message. The thing is, if you forget about the conversation because you were to focuse at playing on another app and now you have to go then you might never realize that you have had a text and that someone is waiting on the other side of the phone for you to reply. It is also the same thing when you unlock the screen, that you can still see the signal but you just wanna go on another app which is on another page and then you forget to go back to the last page to read the text.
It does happen to me way too much time but it is not the worst.

Number 2: The "laaazyyyy"
It happens when you are in a room and then, you hear a sound that just sounded like your ringtone. But just because you are already on the couch and you don't want to get up, you not gonna answer to the text that has just been sent because getting up will be too much of an effort...You then finish by taking a long time to answer or just forget all about it.

Number 3: The "I'm busy"
Sometimes, you are just chilling on the sofa, watching a movie, on your computer or reading a book so you don't wanna have anything to disturbe you. But no, your phone can't stop vibrating. You then throw it across the room (you better not do that if you have an iphone though because it will break and iphone are very expensive) or just turn it off. That way, when people are texting you, you make sure not to get their messages until you turn off the TV, which rarely happens (except for me.... No just kidding).

Number 4: The "haven't heard anything"
Phone have a way of showing people they have messages by vibrating or ringing. But it happens that people don't notice it. They don't feel it or hear it. They then take hours to reply to a text.

Number 5: The "I left my phone..."
This is the one that I do all the time. I leave my phone in a room, sometimes I am not even able to remember where it is and I have to look for it, and I go somewhere else, so far that I can't even heard that someone has texted me. When I return into the roon (which is often my bedroom), it is too late for me to answer, or I do but there isn't any point anymore.

To finish I would say that there has been consequences to my behavior. Indeed, not a lot of my friend text me, but it is alright to me anyway because i rather talk to someone face to face than to text all the time.
I know I am not the only one behaving like that in this world and to all my friends I would like to make an appology for answering too late.

here's a pic of my phone :)



By the way I might do a post on Iphone covers but this is the one I curently have ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment